Time for Celebration – all of our retail Packaging is now Plastic Free!
We pledged we’d be Plastic Free by Christmas 2019 and we’ve done it! It’s been a huge effort, but we’re really proud of what we’ve achieved – not that we’re going to stop and rest on our laurels.
A quick success summary!….
- All of our retail packaging is Plastic Free including all of our postal packaging, packing tape etc
- 75% of our packaging is made in Wiltshire, much of it from recycled sources.
- All of our deliveries are carbon neutral
- All of our energy is 100% renewable from Good Energy
- All of our cooling is now through Heat pumps, we’ve reduced our energy usage by 40% and met the UK Climate Change Committee 2050 effieciency target today
- We’ve reduced our water usage by two thirds.
- All of our dark and Vegan chocolate is sourced under the Raisetrade model made in the country of origin adding value at origin
- Our Colombian chocolate partners have planted 2.8 million trees
- Our milk chocolate is sourced under a sustainability programme that gives more money to cocoa farmers
- Our cream comes direct from local organic farm Ivy House Farm
- We have centered our business around the 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals
- We support the Avokany Avoko Faravohitra children’s home in Madagsacar as well as local projects such as Avon Needs Trees and Zero Chippenham (who’s logo Diana designed)
Our sustainability work was recognised this year as we were named finalists for the Taste of the West South West Environmental Sustainability awards – Patron HRH Prince Charles, and as Impact Founders by University College London Patron Professor Dame Henrietta Moore for our work towards the 2030 sustainable development goals.
All of our profit this year has been reinvested in Sustainable development putting prosperity before growth.